Friday, July 8, 2011

Bentlee Joseph Allphin

We couldn't be more excited for our little guy to finally get here! He arrived on his own terms (probably a precursor for things to come i'm sure). We started our day out in the wee hours of the morning, getting to the hospital for an induction at 5:00 a.m. We were started on pitocin to get things rolling but honestly I wasn't really feeling any pain, or contractions until my water was broken in the afternoon, so that's when I consider "labor" to actually begin. Things picked up and once I got my epidural, it seemed like it was going to be such smooth sailing. I kept thinking, if this is the most pain i'm going to feel I can totally handle this!

Around 9 p.m. I was told I was dilated to a 9, and they were just going to let me labor down for a while before we started pushing so I didn't exhaust myself for no reason. Then things started to take a different turn. It seemed like an exceptionally long time waiting to begin pushing. When our doctor finally came in I was told he really hadn't made as much progress in descending far enough down to make his grand entrance. I could tell she was pretty much already thinking I was going to have to have a c-section, but anyone who knows me knows i'm a little hard headed, and I wanted to know I did ALL that I could to get Bentlee here naturally. So the Dr. let me push, and trust me push I did, but to no avail. We found out that he was trying to come down a little cock eyed, instead of coming out with the crown of his head he was trying to come out with the side of his head. Although my doctor tried to readjust his position he was literally stuck! After a few tears from all of us (both mothers, Brad, and myself) we knew we needed to have a c-section (I know you may think i'm crazy, but i'm only human and all the thoughts that I hadn't done enough were running through my head, and part of my worried I wouldn't be able to have as many kids as I really wanted since I would be limited by what my body could handle). But, with that said, as soon as Bentlee arrived it was irrelevant how he got here because he was absolutely perfect! Here are a few of his birth facts:

Born: June 3, 2011
at 10:20 p.m.
Weight: 7 lbs 7 oz
Length: 19 3/4 

We couldn't ask for a more amazing little guy and can't wait to get settled in with our new little family!





 Nicolas and Eric meeting Bentlee for the first time!
 Brad is such a proud Daddy! I think the nurses were shocked at how helpful he was the whole hospital stay. I don't think they ever have, or ever will, meet a guy who treats his wife with so much love and respect! (I know i'm pretty lucky)
 Our new little family, it's the best feeling in the world!

3 comments:

  1. Love the blog! It is fun to be able to read about your family since we don't see you very often!
    Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have a blog now! Your little boy is so perfect! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are going to learn to LOVE the blogging! He is so adorable by the way, you make such a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete