Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Story

Well I suppose i'll give a quick background on how we got to where we are today. Brad and I met in Rexburg, Idaho while going to school at BYU-Idaho. Actually if you want the real story we met before either of us had officially begun classes our freshmen year of college. You see, Brad just so happened to be a mission buddy of Aaron Key, who just so happened to be my best friend Kylie's older brother.

It all began with a simple trip to Wal-mart. I was with the Key's and we were going to meet Aaron there, when I heard Aaron was with one of his mission friends, I like any normal college freshman asked, "cute mission friend"? And LaVoy's answer was, "goofy mission friend, you won't like him". So with that I didn't think much of our first meeting, and honestly didn't think I would ever see Brad again.

But that is not how the cards played out. Skip forward to the first day of classes and sitting on the first row of my American Foundations class was, you guessed it, Brad. I'm not sure who saw who first but we recognized each other and immediately started talking. Brad, like the smooth talker he is, lightly asked me to lunch after class. So someone who loves food, like myself, thought there is no harm in that, and gladly accepted.

One lunch trip turned in to almost daily lunch trips (quite an expense for Brad), but still I looked at it more as a friendship than anything else. Pretty soon Brad was coming up with more and more excuses to hang out, I even recall him asking me to "tutor" him in math! And even still I just thought he was a cool guy to hang out with (I was a college freshman I wasn't thinking about boyfriends I just wanted to have fun).

One night when Brad was over at my apartment my roommates were asking about a guy I used to date back home and all of the sudden Brad was really defensive and told me we needed to have "a talk". I still remember how straight forward he was when he honestly wanted to know if he was wasting his time. I told him I wasn't tied to anyone (but at the same time didn't want something serious), but I would give him a chance.

This is where our stories diverge so i'll just save you the time :) I was pretty much a jerk and played the field while Brad worked hard to convince me I would never find someone as amazing as him. And although Brad doesn't like to tell "our story" because of it. I know that was part of the reason he wanted me so bad, because you always want what you can't have!

And he was right, I would never be able to find someone as amazing as him. Brad proposed on December 9th, 2008 and we were married in the Rexburg, Idaho Temple on March 14th, 2009. Life has been a whirlwind ever since. But I couldn't ask for a better man to spend eternity with, and when all is said and done I am so glad he stuck with me :) 

Disclaimer: This is definitely our story from my perspective... you'll have to get Brad's side another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment